Cardinal Ippolito Aldobrandini (1592-1638) was a Catholic Cardinal serving as Camerlengo of the Holy Roman Church under Pope Clement VIII, his great-uncle. The Aldobrandini family was a noble family from Florence. Before 1603, the Aldobrandini family collections were not yet very rich, but as the family accumulated additional properties they began to fill them with art. In 1626 the family acquired a vineyard at Montemagnanapoli once belonging to Monsignor Giulio Vietelli, which served as a suburban site. Ippolito installed many works at this site, especially works from the Renaissance. The Aldobrandini also had a palace at via del Corso and a Villa at Frascati and it is through these three locations that the family divided their paintings.