Pietro Aretino lived here between 1529 or 1530 until 1551. The building had been owned by the Dolfin, and belonged to the Bollani when Aretino called it home. Here, in his modest property, he lived rent free, until he moved to a house on the Riva del Carbon that was owned by the Dandolo Family.
Juergen Schulz, "The Houses of Titian, Aretino, and Sansovino," in Titian: His World and His Legacy (New York: Columbia University Press, 1982), pp. 86-8.