The Galleria Borghese (Borghese Gallery) is an art gallery that was established in 1903 and is housed in the Villa Borghese Pinciana in Rome, Italy. The architect Flamino Ponzio built the villa in the 17th century for Cardinal Scipione Borghese, the nephew of Pope Paul V. It now houses a large portion of the family’s collection of art. The collection includes Titian’s Sacred and Profane Love, Raphael’s Entombment of Christ, many works by Caravaggio, Peter Paul Rubens, Federico Barocci, as well as Bernini, whom Scipione was an early patron of. In 1808, Prince Camillo Borghese was forced to sell their Roman sculptures and antiquities to the Emperor. As a result, the most renowned sculpture in their collection, the Borghese Gladiator, is now in the Musee du Louvre. In 1902, the Borghese villa and estate was sold to the Italian government and transformed into a public museum.